Saturday, February 27, 2010

NGO Forum - Day 1

After my first full day in New York I have been registered for the UN, have taken the Metro, and have seen many NGO representatives. NGOs that attend the UN CSW go to a forum and kick off the experience. To see more detailed information about the Forum, go to http://www.ngocsw.org/en/events/2010-forum. Since I was getting my UN badge, I regretably missed the panel which included Charlotte Bunch. Hopefully I will get another chance to hear her. The afternoon panel was very good, as you probably noticed from my afternoon blogs. I especially loved the challenging discourses that were beginning to take place and look forward to the many more to come. This evening we had the WILPF orientation for all WILPF members attending the UNCSW. It was a good meeting and allowed us the opportunity to get to know some of the WILPF members. Tomorrow will be day 2 of the NGO Forum, and as I am able I will blog the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment