Friday, February 26, 2010

Applying to the WILPF Practicum

The WILPF (Women's International League for Peace and Freedom) Practicum in Advocacy at the UNCSW (United Nations Commission on the Status of Women) offers students the opportunity to see international advocacy for women's concerns firsthand. Only about 20 students are selected, meaning that opportunities to interact with WILPF-connected NGOs and with other feminist students are ample. I have been interested i this Practicum since I first learned of it last academic year. Given my interests in gender, rights, and activism, I thought that this would be a rewarding experience for me. Students get to choose particular supplemental sessions to attend and get to witness UNCSW discussions themselves. I plan to attend sessions related to women's human rights, violence against women, and post-conflict status of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment