Thursday, March 4, 2010

CSW - Day 4

Today was quite a long day. We met with a representative of the US delegation to the UN this morning to start the day off. Then I went to a really interesting titled ''Changing Fortunes: Post War Political & Economic Opportunities & Their Implications for Women's Participation & Empowerment in Countries Emerging from Conflict" featuring speakers from Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi, and the DRC. I later attended a panel on the effect of the financial crisis on women, particularly Chinese women. The final panel of the day was put on by Femmes Africa Solidarite and discussed the Gender Is My Agenda Campaign. I got the opportunity to meet the president of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe at this panel. This evening we went to a showing of "Half the Sky Live," and then I returned home. It was a very good day, but I cannot elaborate more because I really need to get to sleep. There are many promising panels I must get to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment