Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sarajevo - Day 1

I will be posting updates here regarding my time in Sarajevo and surrounding areas (should opportunities arise), just as I did during the Spring 2010 Practicum at the UN Commission on the Status of Women. Be sure to stay tuned!

I actually arrived in Sarajevo yesterday, after a flight connecting from Lincoln to Chicago to London to Munich and finally to Sarajevo. It was a surprisingly nice flight! I met up with UNL faculty member Dr. Patrice McMahon to get situated in the city, and she introduced me to a delicious Bosnian dish during supper. There was a salad of cucumber and tomato covered in cheese that was amazing and a very tasty pita bread filled with sausage. I am certainly going to have my share of red meat here! After a good night's rest, and because many NGOs are not operating on Sundays, I took time today to learn how to get around town and see several historic sites. The rest of today is going to be spent organizing the specifics of the visit and preparing for interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment